Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today’s Lunch

I really want to rant and rave about my lunch. Often times I get questions about healthy lunch options that offer nutritious components [like your vitamins and minerals or fiber] but still tastes good…something that doesn’t leave you speculating vending machine options a couple hours later.

Lunch for me is important; it has to be satisfying and serve as major fuel for the rest of my afternoon. I workout after work/ before dinner and often times my lunch has to get me through my workout!

A couple of months ago I got this great piece of Tupperware (thanks mom!). It is a salad holder with a dressing dispenser. Today I packed it with romaine and spinach, some fresh red pepper sticks (leftover from dinner the other night), cucumber, tomato and protein-packed grilled chicken; I have some light vinaigrette to dress the leaves! I also packed a serving of wheat thins (about 16 crackers= 140 calories) and a juicy orange.

I’ll let you know if it holds me over through my workout this evening. Wednesday’s are my long workout days (I do BodyPump and RPM…approx. 2 hours of work) so I brought a half of a zone bar for extra protein and power!

What do you pack for lunch?

1 comment:

  1. Lunch didn't hold me over...needless to say I was hungry- smart snacked on the zone bar and was still dragging :( Maybe tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz