Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bringing the Diner to the House

Hey guys! Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there (especially my Dad)!

I have been suffering from the ultimate writer's block and it did not help that this week was completely chaotic! But, I'm back and have a great post for you today...so without further ado...

Today I am Bringing the Diner to the House with my newest brunch product. When the weekend rolls around the last thing you want to do is have your morning ritual bowl of oats/ cereal or quick breakfast bar, no, you actually have time for a nice well-balanced meal. Sometimes this extra time on the weekends ends up being a stretch on the belt buckle (literally) because we want to head out to the local breakfast joint or ihop diner. Well, to keep myself from those temptations and to keep my weight in check have incorporated "brunch inspired" meals on the weekends into my routine. Usually, saturday mornings I don't do anything special because I get up early and head to the gym but Sunday is the day I like to sleep in and make a good breakfast.

Scrambled eggs, toast and a breakfast meat is my go to for a satisfying "brunch inspired" meal. It's well-balanced and sure to please everyone! The only down side is the breakfast meat; often laden with fat, hidden saturated fats and sodium levels through the roof. Well...I found just the product for us...

Healthy Canadian Style Bacon by Celebrity Foods. I found it while scanning the aisles of Trader Joe's. It's a great alternative to your sausage, scrapple, pork and even turkey bacon. It's definitely a great treat to have every now and again.
The skinny: 3 slices; 60 calories, 1 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat (it's an animal source), 30 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium (50% less sodium than other leading brands), 1 g carbohydrate, 0 g sugar, 10 g protein, 4% iron

The meat was pretty flavorful. I cooked it in a stovetop pan; it's already ready to eat, you simply heat and serve! It's commpletely fool proof, I love it!! It's quick, satisfying, a good source of lean protein and it was not too salty like its breakfast meat counterparts.


What's your favorite brunch splurge? french toast, waffles, bacon?


2 comments:

  1. im hooked on honey wheat bagels with plain fat free cream cheese for breakfast! sometimes i will get a different type of bagel but i gotta have my plain cream cheese on my bagels! im definitley a bagel girl for breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I love a good bagel and cream cheese :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz