Another thanksgiving and I can't be more thankful for my supportive family, loving friends, food on the table, a shelter over my head, good health, a job I love and the ability to live everyday. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
When Thanksgiving rolls around we tend to lose sight of all our hard work [in the gym] this year. Some quick Smart Snacker tips to carry you [and your slim waist line] through the average 3700 calories every American OVEReats on Thanksgiving day!
- Eat a small, smart breakfast and lunch
- Eat your turkey meal in a "nice outfit." If you show up in our sweats we are more prone to overeat
- Remember this isn't your last supper! If your family is anything like mine, you'll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy so be mindful that this meal will last longer then one evening
- Slow down and savor the taste, the slower you eat the easier it will be for your brain to signal that you're full
- Only indulge on your true favorites. Don't care so much for pumpkin pie? than don't eat it just because everyone else is
- Drinking alcohol? sip on water inbetween each alcoholic beverage or chose a mocktail (club soda and lemon, etc)
Thanksgiving is a great reason for everyone to get together...so don't forget to enjoy your friends, family and company. Again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!