Stuffed Tomatoes (serves 6, each tomato=2 points)
6 Large tomatoes
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 small zucchini
1 small yellow squash
2 tsp Olive oil
1 clove fresh garlic
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Set your oven to 350
- Start by cooking 2 cups of brown rice according to the package
- Rinse tomatoes and cut off tops (kind of like cutting off the top of a pumpkin for carving). Scoop out all the insides and set aside in a small bowl. Arrange empty tomato shells in a glass baking dish filled with 1/2" of water. Chop tomato insides and throw away the seeds.
- Finely chop zucchini and squash into 1/4" cubes
- In a large frying pan add 2 tsp olive oil and garlic. After 5 minutes add the tomato insides, zucchini and squash. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies are tender. Add the cooked brown rice into the mixture and heat through.
- Stuff each tomato with the rice and veggie mixture and sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese!
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes then broil to allow cheese to melt
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I like to serve it with grilled chicken or fish!