Monday, December 21, 2009

Let's work towards something...

I feel like I keep working out and making great progress in my day-to-day regimen but I am not seeing the results...one thing I have started doing is writing down personal goals; fitness and diet related. This way I work towards my goal and feel that much more accomplished. It also leaves room for opportunities to push myself; lift a higher weight increment, run a little bit longer or skip my favorite dessert.

An important thing about goal setting is to use the S.M.A.R.T method. Using this method goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely.

An example of a S.M.A.R.T goal: By February 1, 2010 I will be able to run 2 miles in 16 minutes. What makes this a S.M.A.R.T goal? it's specific, it's attainable and realistic [for someone to be able to run 2 miles in that amount of time].

Try setting your S.M.A.R.T goal today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz