Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reality Check

Have you ever had such a great vacation you didn't want to come back to reality? ugh, I am so suffering from that feeling right now. I am definitely not in Napa Valley anymore :( 

My mind is working at a mile a minute...I have so many things to share with my Smart Snackin' blog friends! Where to staaaaart?

Note worthy: I would like to term California as the "land of new food finds!"
A Smart Snackers playground. What a great selection of interesting, organic, all natural, raw, you name it foods. I would move there for the simple fact: there is something new to try everyday!


...So here was my next find!





The name is what really won me over!
I LOVE it!

So this my friends is exactly what it says...FIGS in a dark chocolate coat with almonds! Sounds delicious right?

Your Smart Snacker weighs-in: Although it is like a
health-nut meets sweet tooth dream...this bar didn't have the "whole package" for me. It lasted me a good 4 days (which I didn't mind); it is something that I could take a bite and be done with.
It satisfied the sweet tooth, but the whole thing would have been too much.
As for the flavor profile? A touch of tart cherry, along with silky dark chocolate and crunchy almonds. As is reads, "All natural, low fat, high fiber and high in antioxidants!" yes please!

The Skinny: as per the label...1 bar serving.
150 calories, 4g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 28g carb, 4g fiber, 19g sugar, 2g protein, 6% calcium, 2% iron


Guys don't get me wrong...this is definitely a snack-worthy bar!
Now get out to Napa and find one ;) We wish...right?!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz