Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chippin' Out

Hey friends! Sorry, long time no blog...that's the price for vacation time. It's hard to blog in the midst of the Napa Valley scene; wine, food, wine and more food!

Although I am quite busy enjoying myself I have found another Smart Snacker blog-worthy find! While cruisin' down route 29 (the main road through "the valley") we came across "Oakville Grocery." This hot spot known in Napa for it's great gourmet, eclectic finds; it's an awesome deli, espresso bar, wine retailer and grocery store all in ONE. I was beside myself with excitement; I found tons of neat new food finds. While shoppin' mom and I came across these little crispers...



Raw Kale Bites
serving size reads 6 g (like we can weigh it out...) but I had about 5 leaves worth...

36 cal, 2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 4 g carb, 2 g protein and the show stopper....

85% of your Vitamin A and 46% of your Vitamin C

Hail mighty kale bites.

These tasty little guys are a great partially-salty snack with a ton of crunch and flavor! A great HEALTHY alternative to it's potato chip counter-parts

Could not be paired better with anything other than a glass of chardonnay. We got a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers and these kale bites for our own little happy hour back in the hotel. What fun!
Our lemon was picked from a lemon tree at one of our wine tasting...how cool is that?




Interested in more info about the almighty kale bites? click here!


See ya soon wine-o's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz