Monday, June 7, 2010

This Weeks Dinner Plans

Hey guys! I know I am not the only one when I say that sometimes I am so clueless when it comes to what to make for dinner. Well, I have taken a personal pledge to "Get it together" and make my weekly dinner plans ahead of time. So this morning, I spent all of 30 minutes figuring out some simple yet, HEALTHY recipes I can throw together in a pinch. I checked some of my favorite meal planning, go-to sites:

Self
Food Network
Real Simple

These recipe databases are ideal for me. I like them merely for their easy to follow recipes [for the amateur cook in me] and their nutritional information they provide. What more could you ask for?

Here are couple of recipes that I am incorporating in my kitchen this week:

Lean Lasagna - I have been craving a comfort dish! This recipe looks like it will satisfy my cravings while not undoing all my hard work at the gym ; ) I am also banking on leftovers for a lazy or late night when I just can't get home fast enough to even throw a sandwich together. I can also freeze leftovers and just whip 'em out for nuking!

Chicken and Bok Choy Stir Fry - A healthy alternative to our favorite japanese and asian dishes. I am really looking forward to this dish! It's hardly a damper on the daily calorie allowance!

Taco Salad - With the help of Real Simple, I am making a take on my own version of this taco salad. All the same ingredients sans sour cream, cilantro and tortilla add extra salsa! Not because it necessarily makes it "healthier" but I am just not a huge fan of those ingredients on my ideaaaal taco salad!

A lot of these websites (especially Real Simple) have a ton of tools to help you in your kitchen. It's ultimately fool proof; With grocery lists for your selects recipes, meal planning and cooking tips!

Get cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz