Sunday, June 19, 2011

Making the Most out of a Pasta Portion

Pasta portions are small (1/4 cup), unsatisfying, high in calories and carbohydrates.

Am I the only one that goes overboard with pasta portions?! Whenever I eat pasta I love to make the most out of my pasta portion by adding tons of vegetables (peppers, tomatoes, spinach (greens), zucchini, squash, etc) and/or lean protein (beans, lean ground meats) to my serving. This way you add 'bulk' to your pasta without adding all the additional calories. Even still, you'll be adding plenty of fiber and nutrients- It's a much more satisfying portion and [it] won't leave you lingering for seconds ;)
Tonight I made whole wheat rotini with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and lean ground beef

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz