Have you seen this yet? This is the USDA's latest and greatest way of delivering our most basic nutrition tips to live by. This made headlines last week as it was launched world wide! Taking the place of the old MyPyramid, the new MyPlate has been launched to help any distorted or misinformed thoughts on the nutrition guidelines set forth by the USDA, etc.
What is MyPlate all about?
- Enjoying your food within moderation; watching portions/eating less.
- Increase your fruit and veggie consumption. Half of your plate should consist of fruits and veggies.
- Increase your whole grain consumption.
- Instead of the milk group, it is now dairy. Increase your intake by choosing fat free or low fat milk.
- Goodbye Meats & Beans, Hello Protein! Practice good protein intake with lean choices.
- Reduce your sodium intake; be mindful of sodium-laden food choices like soup, bread and frozen meals.
- Water, water, water. Less sugary drinks.
What do you think about the changes?