Saturday, February 6, 2010

Workout

Just like you get bored of eating the same thing everyday, your body gets bored of the same workouts. In order to keep your body in tip-top shape and build more lean muscle mass you have to keep you body guessing...

I felt like I was hitting a plateau in my workouts. I was working reaaal hard and dripping sweat but wasn't reaping the benefits. I switched the days I was spinning, added in treadmill intervals, step class and even picked up a bodycombat class (that really shocked my body). I think I will start seeing results again. Don't under estimate the power and calorie burn of those cardio machines...my treadmill sweat session last night was a reaaal killer!

What do you do to keep your body guessing?

Here is a interval workout you could try:
Intensity Level Warm up: 5 minutes
Low 5 minutes: 3.0+ mph, 0% incline
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0 mph, incline: 6%
High 1 minutes: 3.2+ mph, incline: 6%
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0+ mph, incline: 1%
High 1 minute: 3.3+ mph, incline: 6%
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0+ mph, incline 1%
High 1 minute: 4.0+ mph, incline 3%
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0+mph, incline: 1%
High 1 minutes: 4.5+mph, incline: 2%
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0+mph, incline 1%
High 1 minute: 5.0+mph, incline 0%
Medium 2 minutes: 3.0 mph, incline 1%
High 1 minute: 3.2+mph, incline 8%
Medium 3 minutes: 3.0+mph, incline 0%
Low 5 minutes: 2.5 mph+, incline: 0% - cool down
Total Workout Time: 36 minutes


If you haven't been working out for very long please start at your own pace, this just serves as an example of what an interval workout would look like
**You can find workouts like this online shape and woman's health magazine have tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz