Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flaxseed: 101

I thought it would be ideal to do a post on FLAXSEED. It is such a huge part of nutrition and nutrition research with all of it's healthy goodness in the way of omega-3s :) so what's better than a smart snacker flaxseed lesson...nothing!

As you have seen in plenty of my breakfasts I am adding flax. It is important to know that when you are sprinkling flax on oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, blending it in smoothies or whatever else you want to throw it in/on that it is in the form of  flaxseed meal.

Often times, flaxseed is sold in it's whole seed form...the problem with this form is that it is not digested in your body...it just flows in one way and straight out the other = no absorption of your omega-3s! This flaxseed meal is digested by the body which in turn makes those omega-3s go to work!



You can find flaxseed meal in your local grocer...I like to use Bob's Red Mill

**Don't remember what an omega-3 is?
Let me help refresh your memory!







Have I mentioned how busy the hospital has got me!? yikes!
Forgive me for the far and in between posts, I'm trying to keep up bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz