Friday, April 2, 2010

For the LOVE of BREAD

Guys, I found the greatest place on Earth for just about anyone [who loves bread]…Great Harvest Bread Co.

They bake tons of fresh breads daily- even a gluten-free bread! Upon your arrival they greet you with a sample from their "Sample Board!" What's not to love, right?

When I went I sampled their Blueberry Extravaganza and a Blueberry Cream Cheese Teacake. Both of these recipes were melt-in-your-mouth delicious and featured the antioxidant-laden blueberry and sweet/savory cream cheese! A bite of each was just enough...I don't know If I could have a whole loaf of it around the house...that just screams, "Danger, Danger!"

Along with fresh breads they have fresh muffins, cookies, scones and a coffee bar! I could totally see myself grabbing a muffin and coffee and sitting with a good mag for a couple hours in their cozy little atmosphere however, when I went it was post-workout so I just did a "grab-and-go!"

I grabbbbbbbed: a fresh loaf of honey whole wheat bread, medium regular coffee and a raspberry bran muffin.

Nutrition for 1 slice of honey whole wheat:
120 calories, 0 gm fat, 24 gm carbs, 3 gm fiber, 5 gm protein

Nutrition for 1/2 bran muffin:
130 calories, 1 gm fat, 29 gm carbs, 4 gm fiber, 12 gm sugar, 4 gm protein

*the best part is all of the ingredients are legible and whole foods.


Visit a local Great Harvest near you and if your interested, check out the skinny on the bread you may be eyeing...




Oh and did I mention...now my house smells of wheat and yeast as if I am the baking god...

1 comment:

  1. I love that bread too! That muffin looks wonderful! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz