Thursday, May 20, 2010

Glutton for Punishment

I have been going hard for the past four days at the gym and this morning after my forth consecutive day of spin (total glutton for punishment...addicted!!) my legs are crying out for some serious muscle repair and nutrient restoration! So, what a better way to do it than start my afternoon with one of my newest finds....

Amazing Meal by Amazing Grass. It's a powdaaaaaah, for what I am thinking...smoothies?! I also found this at EarthFare. I am on and off making smoothies, it's almost like I get on a kick and blend, blend, blend but then I get worn out! So, I am ready to get back on my kick!

Amazing Meal- Pomegrante Mango Infusion Flavor is like your food pyramid in a cup! A mix of protein, greens, fruits & vegetables all in one.
This product is labeled: organic-raw-gluten free-vegan-soy free-dairy free
An all around crowd pleaser!! : )

From the website it describes this product as- "Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango Infusion is a naturally balanced source of protein, antioxidant & phytonutrient rich superfoods, cleansing fiber, digestive enzymes and probiotics. Infused with goji and acai berries to give this drink powder one powerful antioxidant punch."

They arn't kidding...definitely added a "punch" to my afternoon : )
What I particularly love about this shhtuff is that it is made from all WHOLE FOOD ingredients. Some of the wholesome goodies include: organic kale and alfalfa, organic rice and hemp protein, organic acai, carrot, banana and blueberry and last but not least, a mixture of active cultures (probiotics...like in yogurt)!

So you may be wondering...how do I eat/ drink this stuff? Well, it directs you to mix the whole powdaaah mixture with 10 oz of water, juice or milk or blend into your favorite smoothie concoction. Well, I tried just mixing it with 10 oz of my Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk however, I had trouble MIXING. To tackle this monstrous undertaking, I simply tossed everything into my magic bullet and made a smoooooooothie.
Here's what else went in:
-Handful of farmer's market fresh strawberries
-Handful of farmer's market fresh blueberries
-Squirt of agave nectar
-Splash of vanilla extract
-As many ice cubes that would fit

It turned into a pretty amaaaazing meal.
Slightly green in color (thanks to the kale) but delicious and ultimately...just down right satisfying!

The skinny on the Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango Infusion packet: 110 calories, 1 g fat, 6 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 10 g protein
(My Amaaaaazing Meal Smoothie had approx. 360 calories)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz