Friday, May 21, 2010

Different Kind of Obsession

Now let's talk food obsessions. You know I have a weird kind of obsession with my Better'n Peanut Butter but it has slowly shifted to Justin's Maple Almond Butter...well, I have this new thing for Mangos!

Growing up I was never one to opt for the mango. I would always leave it in the bottom of my fruit salad bowl or pawn it off to my little sister (whom was obsessed with them) for a couple extra bananas!! Well, being the branded smart snacker that I am, I always set into the grocery store on a new mission: to try something new! So, maybe the mango wasn't new but it sure hadn't been on the top of my shopping list since...well, forever!

Last week I bought a mango...last week I also devoured that mango in ONE SITTING and now, here I am, and ladies and gentlemen I have found my newest love!





Haven't had a mango? I urge you to try it! Those tastebuds are changing about every 30 days people! For you new folks...it's decribed as having a sweet and succulent flavor that has a bright orang interior and large pit in the middle. When picking this fruit a few tips to keep in mind: make sure the fruit is on the large side with unblemished skin, the skin should not be green or be wrinkled or have black spots and make sure the fruit gives a little bit when you press on it. They can be refrigerated if ripe, if NOT ripe, do not refrigerate.
Season: May-September
The skinny: 1 fruit without refuse; 135 calories, 0.6 g fat, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g sugar, 1 g protein

I would call this, "Nature's candy," at 31 g of sugar a pop! There is nothing wrong with a little bit of sugar, especially when it is coming from a natural source such as this.


Now go have one already...or are you obsessing over something else? do share!







1 comment:

  1. lately i've been obsessed with carrots and almond butter as my afternoon snack. holy yummmmmmm! tj's flaxseed almond butter is awesome, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz