Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Perfect Bowl for Breakfast


Are you the type of person that gets out of bed ultimately, for breakfast? Oh my gosh...I am! Especially when I have fresh berries and oatmeal to be eatin'!

My perfect bowl for breakfast includes:
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
H2O (eyeballed, usually until oats are covered)
splash of vanilla soy milk
1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal
1 scoop of Better n' Peanut Butter or other nut butter on hand (add at the end once oatmeal has been nuked, this will allow the nut butter to meeeeeeeeelt...ugh mouth watering)!
generous portion of berries

Relatively low calorie breakfast that sticks to my ribs for several hours...no morning snack necessary. With the satisfying nut butter protein, sweetness of the soy milk and berries and feeling of satiety from the oats, this breakfast is sure to please!
The approximate skinny: 243 calories, 10 g protein, 6 g fiber
(nutrition information using a 1/2 cup strawberries and my nutritional eye; nutrition information may be altered when using other ingredients than those listed above)


Obviously my 4 lbs of berries here are so necessary when it comes to grocery budgeting ; )

I also use these for snacking and a sweet after dinner snack/dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz