On August 31st, Yoplait Greek yogurt, and actress/ TV host Maria Menounos hosted an exclusive Retreat at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. It was a day of relaxation; manicures, pedicures and tons of Greek yogurt- in more ways than one! A great way to make you look good and feel well.
Together, Menounos, Hollywood's very own 'Greek Goddess,' and Yoplait Greek celebrated today’s modern goddess [and Smart Snacker ;) ] , through the exclusive Yoplait Greek Nourish Your Inner Goddess Retreat.
Hollywood's dubbed 'Greek Goddess,' shares her red-carpet ready tips; “When I’m on the go I always find ways to stay active, but also take time to relax and choose nutritious foods like Yoplait Greek yogurt. With a delicious taste and two times the protein of the leading yogurt, Yoplait Greek really helps me get through my day.” My kinda gal- [she sounds like quite the Smart Snacker herself!]
Yoplait offered quite the royal feast to the retreat goddessess; check out the spread and the ladies in complete relaxation action...
|Picture Courtesy: coneinc|
So how can you incorporate more Yoplait Greek Yogurt in your life to feel like the ultimate 'Greek Goddess' like these ladies? Yoplait has shared some of their newest recipes-
check 'em out...
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Prep Time: 15 min
Start to Finish: 15 min
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 container (6 oz) Yoplait® Greek Fat Free honey vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) reduced-fat whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1. In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup milk and chocolate chips. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
2. In medium bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups milk and pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is well blended and thickened; stir in yogurt.
3 Blend melted chocolate into pudding mixture; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Top each serving with additional whipped topping and raspberries. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time. Store covered in refrigerator.
|Picture Courtesy: coneinc|
Greek Turkey Burgers With Tzatziki Sauce
Prep Time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 20 min
1 container (6 oz) Yoplait© Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or1 teaspoon dried dill
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 whole wheat burger buns, split
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
1. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup yogurt and remaining sauce ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
2. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients and remaining yogurt. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Place burgers in buns with tomato slices and sauce.
How-To Broil patties with tops about 6 inches from heat 4 minutes; turn patties. Cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F.
Substitution Finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the feta cheese.
|Picture Courtesy: coneinc |