Thursday, October 7, 2010

Peppers, Squash and Apples, Oh My!

How else do you think a Smart Snacker would spend her day off? Of course, at a Farmer's Market!...it's only one of my favorite things to do :) Check out some of the seasonal offerings...and try not to drool while your at!
I ended up with some great stuff...
  • 4 tiny sweet potatoes (I think I'll make some roasted "disc's")
  • 2 Cuke's
  • 2 Field tomatoes
  • 2 of those neat looking squash (the yellow/green one's- they were described as nutty and sweet!?)
  • 3 cameo apples (I like sweet and crunchy)
  • Fresh romaine lettuce
  • The last of the Summer Mango Salsa
  • Peach Salsa
So, as a result...my lunch today was a heavenly bed of vegetables that were all North Carolina grown...
  • Fresh Romaine
  • Cuke's
  • Field Tomato
  • Chunky Summer Mango Salsa (the last week it's offered)!
*My new thing is putting salsa's on salads- it's low calorie, fat free and adds an extra serving of vegetables or fruit!

For my protein, on the side, I had a small dish of homemade chili with lean beef and kidney beans (This was not very photogenic ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz