How else do you think a Smart Snacker would spend her day off? Of course, at a Farmer's Market!...it's only
one of my favorite things to do :) Check out some of the seasonal offerings...and try not to drool while your at!
I ended up with some great stuff...
- 4 tiny sweet potatoes (I think I'll make some roasted "disc's")
- 2 Cuke's
- 2 Field tomatoes
- 2 of those neat looking squash (the yellow/green one's- they were described as nutty and sweet!?)
- 3 cameo apples (I like sweet and crunchy)
- Fresh romaine lettuce
- The last of the Summer Mango Salsa
- Peach Salsa
So, as a result...my lunch today was a heavenly bed of vegetables that were all North Carolina grown...
- Fresh Romaine
- Field Tomato
- Chunky Summer Mango Salsa (the last week it's offered)!
For my protein, on the side, I had a small dish of homemade chili with lean beef and kidney beans (This was not very photogenic ;) )