Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm just doin' it

With the holiday's creeping on [in more ways than one], I am finding new ways to mix my fitness routine to fight off the extra calories at the numerous holiday parties, luncheons and office treats. Anyone in my boat?

Well, I have a group of "gym friends" that have been dogging me for months now about doing a half marathon with them in March. As you know, I like to consider myself a motivational person as I find myself trying to motivate others all of you but, it's hard to find it for myself too!

Today, I think I have found the courage and that "feeling" of "I got this" that I needed. You know that feeling? When your just not sure you can do it and then you just stop thinking terrible thoughts and say "I'm just doin' it?" Well, that was my EXACT thought this afternoon...

I got on the treadmill and without even allowing myself to think of a distance to run, a time to stop (when I hadn't even started yet) or that I was going to not be able to do even 2 miles...I started running. and running. and running. I don't know what came over me...

it may have been the new shoes...














or the company of one of my favorite gym rats alongside of me...
possibly the two episodes of my favorite show, Friends, on TV...














and even a break in my everyday workout helped too :) But I ran, and not only did it feel great but I ran a personal best record in distance-- 5 miles!

Whatever it was, I know it stemmed from my I'm just doin' it attitude!
Don't forget to set new goals, find ways to motivate yourself and most importantly, stick with the fight and keep a positive attitude! If I can do it, anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz