Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shop like Me

Hello friends! Today was a late start (yet again) but I still managed to throw my breakfast together to bring to work and eat at my desk. I munched on my greek yo parfait that I mentioned previously in Smart Snacker: A change in routine sans blueberry yo, plus pom yo. Yum!

So, I am in desperate need of a grocery store run...I am out of some of my staples, I am even contemplating take-out tonight because by the time I get to the gym and home again it will be time for a peak at the olympics and that's about it (look at me complaining...hate that!)!

I like to do my grocery shopping on Sunday so I can plan my meals and snacks for the week. Obviously, it doesn't always work out that way (because it didn't this week) but that's one of my goals!

I thought I would share with you a glimpse of what the Smart Snacker is shopping for this week…


- Skim milk or light soy milk
- Tons of fruit for snacking, smoothie making and mixing in my oatmeal and cold cereals (My fruit staples: blueberries, blackberries, bananas and apples)
- Spring Mix
- Spinach
- Frozen steam fresh veggies (especially when the fresh look funky)
- Tomatoes
- Cukes
- Riceworks chips (my new fav...Smart Snacker: Munchies)
- Old-fashioned oats
- Chicken breast
- Brown rice
- Lean ground beef (I like Laura’s beef it comes in 4% and 8% fat, leaaaaan!)
- Pistachios or almonds
- Rice cakes
- Protein bars (right now I am stuck on Larabar’s and Think Thin Bars)


(Now this isn't everything but more of a compilation of my most frequent purchases)




Lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz