Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Synergy

Remember this shopping trip at Earth Fare? Well, I have been sipping on the far right drink for several days now...Synergy!

I have been sipping for a couple of days because I cannot decide if I like it! It's made of organic and raw kombucha tea; promising a whole lotta health benefits!
According to Synergy drinks website, Kombucha is alternately known as a Chinese tea, a plant, or a mushroom. But it's not really any of these. It's a living culture of beneficial microorganisms, and in Kombucha's case, the whole is infinitely greater than the sum of its parts! Our Kombucha is delicately cultured - some liken it to fermentation - for 30 days. During this period, essential nutrients form like active enzymes, viable probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols. All of these combine to create an elixir that immediately works with the body to restore balance and vitality.


For me, I grabbed this drink to give me some "umph" during a mid-morning study session. A couple sips and I did feel focused and rejuvenated. Unfortunately, I don't think I could sit and drink this in one sitting. I hope to try another flavor that doesn't taste, well...so raw?

I tried Guava Goddess. All of the Synergy beverages have a similar nutritional profile...check it out:
8 fl oz (2 servings in 1 bottle): 30 calories, 10 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugar, at least 20% of all your B vitamins, folic acid as well as, probiotics, antioxidents and organic acids!

Their claims to fame: totally raw, all natural, organic, naturally anti-bacterial/anti-fungal, low in carbohydrates, low calories, naturally rejuvenating (I can vouch for that!!), vegan and kosher...to name a few ; )

If you surf their website it has plenty of FAQs and some great serving suggestions. One even says "sip it throughout the day for sustained energy." That's just what I did...and I thought I was off : )
All in all, a pretty cool product; obviously super HEALTHY...click here to find a store that carries Synergy near you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz