Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What the Buzz

So...if you haven't heard yet I have gone sans caffeine for a full week (this is huge) and I plan to keep on truckin'...

I decided to fore-go my obsession love for caffeine meaning coffee, coke zero (yeah, terrible, I KNOW), tea and my vice !! You must think I am crazy and originally, I thought I was too, but it is a revelation! I have never felt so good, slept so good and well, looked so good ; )

Caffeine is such a funny thing. Your probably wondering why I even bothered with this little experiment? Well, first and foremost I think it will help with my anxiety. For most people, the amount of caffeine in two to four cups of coffee a day is not harmful but I was doing way more than this! What the Buzz!

Caffeine is a natural stimulant to the central nervous system, and too much of it can cause you to be anxious, irritable and restless. It may also keep you from sleeping well and cause headaches, abnormal heart rhythms or other problems. It's such a freaaaaky thing that if you stop using caffeine, you could get withdrawal symptoms..whaaaaat!? That just isn't right! Hello, headaches!

 My little cup of decaf

Carrying a water bottle with you during the day
has been proven to help remind you to drink more water!

So now what am I doing? I am drinking tons of water and a cup or two of decaf in the morning simply because I love the taste of coffee! Who would have thought I could function at 7am at work without a cup of regular Joe!? - I am even nice to my coworkers still ; ) I am not against drinking caffeine because I do love it, however I am just choosing not to drink it merely because of a self experiment!


Have you ever cut something out of your diet for self experiment?

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm not going to be following your footsteps on this one - but at one point I was downing 5 cans of DP (diet Pepsi) a day. 5!!! One day, I decided to just quit. And haven't turned back. I felt skinnier - aka I wasn't bloated. A diet soda here and there isn't going to kill you - but I was overdoing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz