Sunday, October 10, 2010

Healthy Hostess

Hey guys! Hope your enjoying your weekend, as am I. I wanted to share this great dinner that I cooked for a friend and I. It was healthy, 90% locally grown, wallet-friendly and more importantly, waist friendly!

I used most of my Farmer's Market purchases from Thursday for this meal. I started with a simple salad:
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Romaine
Then for my other side I did a simple sauteed zucchini and squash:
  • 1 Tbsp of canola oil
  • Garlic
  • Florida Seasoned Pepper from Penzeys Spices (A salt free pepper and citrus blend)
The protein was a center cut pork chop that I marinated in:
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Mango Coconut Sauce (found in Fresh Market)
Served with my Farmer's Market Summer Mango Salsa (picture above)

Serves 3: ~$3.86 per serving
Grocery List
- Cucumber- $0.40
- Tomato- $1.00
- Romaine- $1.00

- 2 Squash/Zucchini: $1.20
- 3 Center Cut Pork Chops $2.99
- Marinades: $3.00
- Salsa: $5.00 for whole container (used 1/4)

Look at me with all my veggies : )

1 comment:

  1. and i must add this meal was not only good for us and our wallets, it tasted amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz