Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From my Kitchen to Yours!

You know I am ALL ABOUT sneaking in veggies some HOW, some WAY (ie.  like here and here)! Well, I have mastered it this time folks! Check it out...

Like I said from my kitchen to yours...share this awesome recipe with your family and friends and get them eatin' their veggies :)

Inspired by a recipe "Clean-out-the-pantry Minestrone" who wouldn't want to eat this? 

I got this fabulous cookbook back in December from my Mom and I use it every time I want to create a masterpiece in my crock pot...simply "Set it and Forget it" right!?

In the POT:
2 (16 oz.) cans of beans (your choice; from my pantry I had a can of black and a can of pinto)- rinse the bean funk off 
1 can of corn and the juices
1 can of tomato and their juices
2 cups of chopped veggies (your choice; I cleared out my everlasting-bag of carrots, celery and some frozen brocc)
3 cups of chicken or veg broth
S & P to taste

What to do--> Simply pop the cans and toss it all in; remember to only rinse the bean funk and keep all other juices! Cook low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
I cooked on high for 4 hours! This yields 6-8 servings and then some! I STILL have leftovers...

SMART SNACKER TIP: Freeze leftovers and pull them out on a day you don't feel like cooking or find yourself in a bind for time!






The POT working it's magic!






Even my not-so-loving of veggies friend LOVED this :)
I witnessed her clear her bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz