Saturday, May 15, 2010

NB+W

Hello, hello! Hope your enjoying your Saturday! I sure am; I got up early and attended my two favorite group fitness classes, caught some rays by the pool and even found time to relax and try some of my new snacks!

My two classes this morning (bodypump and rpm) usually start my day off with a 800-900 calorie burn! So, before I head to class it is only fit to have a good breakfast that will be sure to keep my body humming...especially all the way through the tricep and bicep tracks of bodypump...if your a bodypumper you know just what I am talking about! ; )

This morning I decided to try something new NB+W
(Smart Snacker's Nut Butter + Waffle)

I got these waffles when I was trying out the gluten free diet [simply for fun and as an experiement. Also it didn't hurt to see what prospective clients and friends can and cannot eat]. I ended up loving them! Not much of a surprise as I am a sucker for breakfast sweets!

The waffles are, as they read, gluten free, wheat free and a vegetarian product. For a serving of 2 they hit you with 180 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber and 2 g of protein. Not too shabby said the Smart Snacker...but when I slab some of my sample of Justin's Natural Maple Almond Butter this waffle doesn't even know what hit it....and neither did my mouth!
Let's just say, it's the cadillac of nut butters!...this stuff is creamy, flavorful, savory...and oh, SO satisfying. Even the littlest bit goes a long way!


...is your mouth watering yet?!?

Justin's claim to fame: simple ingredients, gluten and dairy free and made free of hydrogenated oils! THANK YOU!
Nutritional profile: 1 sample packet (a little over 2 tbsp): 200 calories, 17 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 6 g protein

On my waffles today I barely used half of the sample packet! The slightest spread gave it all the flavor. It's no wonder there full sized jars are kind of pricey...; ( The justification? it would last a while!?

Great snack: one waffle and 1/2 Tbsp of Justin's (approx. 140 calories)
Fuel-filled breakfast: two waffles and 1 Tbsp of Justin's (on my second one I even added some fresh strawberries...I am finding new ways to use my 4 lbs everyday) (approx. 280 calories)


Have a nutty night : )





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz