Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Free Fitness

Hey guys! So as promised...but a little late (better than never), I must share my State Park adventures. It was an eventful trip I had, over the 4th of July weekend. I ventured out to the park stretching out into the chesapeake bay with one thing in mind...time to explore! I am all a new adventure, especially one that may incorporate some exercise. In all of my excitement, I failed to plan!

I set out to the state park in flip flops, no bug spray, snacks or H2O. Big mistake but seeing views like this made up for it...


I even made the two mile hike to the lighthouse...


We heard there was a beach on the otherside so we took the challenge.
After walking a combined total of 5 miles we found it...

Needless to say, I was exhausted, famished and my ankles hurt by the time we made it back to the car.
Noteworthy: Although I was anything but prepared for my 5 mile hike it was a great way to get in some unexpected physical activity, connect with nature and the best part, enjoy some Free Fitness.

I am not going to lie, I have always been a gym rat! I am totally guilty...but I tell you what! I felt just as good if not better leaving that park with 5 miles behind me as oppose to walking out of a gym. I may not have been sweating as much as I would in my usual spin class, but it was a change in routine and fun Free Fitness. On your next vacation scope out the local parks and walking trails, and get out there! Just be sure to plan!


What's your favorite way to stay in shape on vacation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
Foodbuzz